Welcome to the UTeachTech Program
at Louisiana Tech University
Calling all STEM majors!
Want more options after you graduate?
Watch the video below to learn about the UTeachTech program!
- UTeachTech students receive a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) content area (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering) along with a minor in UTeachTech and an undergraduate certificate in STEM Education Studies, and a teaching certification in Secondary Mathematics or Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Physics).
- UTeachTech provides students with more skills and more potential career paths than a STEM degree or an education degree alone would provide. They can go directly into a STEM profession, teaching, or graduate school.
- Honors credit is available and it’s a great way to increase career options while developing highly marketable skills, including communication, collaboration, and leadership, that are crucial in any job.
- Try teaching with no obligation! If you want to give the program a try, the first two courses: UTCH 101/STEP 1: Inquiry Approaches to Teaching and UTCH 201: Step 2/Inquiry-Based Lesson Design are one-credit courses that meet just once a week and are a great way to try out the program with no obligation.
- Scholarships are available for eligible students.